Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I tried to update to 22.04 and my dual boot machine gets stuck on splash screen

Beans

Re: I tried to update to 22.04 and my dual boot machine gets stuck on splash screen

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    You might be able to mount the drives from Dolphin. Boot from the USB stick, choose "Try Ubuntu", then open Dolphin. See if it shows your hard drives under Devices.

If you just want to move your home directory, see if you can navigate to /home on the source device. Then right-click on your directory and choose Compress. Choose tar.gz. Create the archive, then move it to /home on the new device. Click on the archive and decompress it with Ark.
    I'll try that, when I next have time.
    When I make my USB stick, can I just use whatever standard Ubuntu desktop? Should I stick to Kubuntu (or use Cinnamon, which I've been using on another device)? Should I try a different distro (note: I've only worked with Ubuntu based distros)?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: I tried to update to 22.04 and my dual boot machine gets stuck on splash screen

Boot-Repair has a ppa to install the most current version into your Linux live installer.
    It also builds a live ISO based on Lubuntu, but that is not updated quite as often.
    Best to always have live installer for all current versions of systems installed.
    And good backups.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Update: Ended up fixing by taking files off and reinstalling Kubuntu. It works fine now. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123