Thread: Freezing On Install Or Try? (Ubuntu 10.10 using Windows 7)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Freezing On Install Or Try? (Ubuntu 10.10 using Windows 7)

Okay, so I am a TOTAL n00b. I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my USB, so I loaded my USB and it say Ubuntu and loaded. Then the window popped up saying Trial Ubuntu or Install It. So I press "Trial" or whatever, but then it just had the loading circle. So I wait, and I wait, and it never stops loading. So then I click the window and it says it's not responding. What is wrong?

I am using Windows 7 I have 167 GB free I have 1 GB RAM I am using a 4 GB USB stick.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Freezing On Install Or Try? (Ubuntu 10.10 using Windows 7)

Are you using your thumb drive as a Live image and booting from it? Or are you running this within Windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by calavier62 View Post
    Are you using your thumb drive as a Live image and booting from it? Or are you running this within Windows?
    I saved the .iso on my computer, then I used the Universal installer to install it on my USB stick.

Then I pressed ESC and went to Boot Options, then there were 2 options. I believe it was Regular Boot Up and Flash USB memory. I selected Flash USB Memory. Then I ran it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Bump, can someone answer? ._.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What I'd do would be this:

Boot the computer using the CD, and install the FULL operating system on the thumb drive using Ubiquity (the Ubuntu Installer), Instead of just copying the live image using the Universal Installer. You might have to partition your thumb drive if you want to store data on it and use it with Windows/Mac os X.

If you need details, just ask

Beans

im having the exact same issue (different setup though)

ubuntu 10.10 iso, burned to a dvd.
    it boots to the menu asking if i want to try or install, i select try ubuntu and then it just stops. no dvd activity or anything.

i can still control the top menu (power/volume) and i can access terminal just fine.

i can also click on try ubuntu (install ubuntu is now greyed out) and it shows the click but nothing.